How to Schedule
Schedule Your Exam
- Be sure exam registration is complete before scheduling. Residency directors register residents for the In-training Exams.
- Make sure you have completed your PRR personal profile, otherwise, you will not be able to register.
- Sign-in to your ABFAS profile.
- Click on the blue button, "STEP 2: SCHEDULE/VIEW EXAM WITH PEARSON VUE" button on the left side of your profile screen to go to the Pearson VUE site.
- On the Pearson VUE site you may schedule the exams shown under Pre-Approved exams.
- Schedule immediately after your program registers you for the exam and you have updated your PRR profile. Many test centers become fully booked within days of the ABFAS registration opening.
- Select the examination you wish to schedule first. You can add more exams using the consecutive appointment feature on the second page.
- Don’t see your exams on the Pearson VUE site? Confirm you are registered for an exam and your PRR profile is complete.
Need More Help?
We offer three ways to help you with scheduling:
- Contact Pearson VUE. Call 800.511.6951 (toll-free) or click here for online assistance with live chat, which is available Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Central Time. Pearson VUE can help you find a test center, reschedule an exam, or assist with any other scheduling issue.
- Exam Scheduling Guide.. This is a detailed troubleshooting guide that resolves common scheduling issues most quickly.
- Contact ABFAS. Email us at scheduling@ABFAS.org or call us at 415.553.7800. We are here to help you Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time.