How to Schedule
Schedule Your Exam
- Be sure exam registration is complete before scheduling. Residency directors register residents for the In-training Exams.
- Make sure you have completed your PRR personal profile, otherwise, you will not be able to register.
- Sign-in to your ABFAS profile.
- Click on the green button, "SCHEDULE/VIEW EXAM WITH PEARSON VUE" button on the left side of your profile screen to go to the Pearson VUE site.
- On the Pearson VUE site you may schedule the exams shown under Pre-Approved exams.
COVID-19 Restrictions Limit Testing Seats for Fall Exams
Pearson VUE testing centers are at half capacity due to COVID-19 restrictions. More testing seats are expected to open as local restrictions are lifted. Meanwhile, do not use the Consecutive Appointment feature to schedule multiple exams back-to-back. Instead, schedule each exam independently. You may contact Pearson VUE for assistance at 800-511-6951 Mon–Fri, 7:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m. CT. If you need further help please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll do everything we can to get you scheduled.
First and Second Year Residents: We strongly encourage you to take your didactic ITEs online to make more testing center space available for the CBPS exams. Scheduling for this exam is expected to open mid-July.
- Schedule immediately after you receive the scheduling email from ABFAS. Confirm you have updated your PRR profile. Many test centers become fully booked within days of the ABFAS registration opening.
- Select the examination you wish to schedule first. You can add more exams using the consecutive appointment feature on the second page.
- Don’t see your exams on the Pearson VUE site? Confirm you are registered for an exam and your PRR profile is complete.
Need More Help?
We offer three ways to help you with scheduling:
- Contact Pearson VUE. Call 800.511.6951 (toll-free) or click here for online assistance with live chat, which is available Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Central Time. Pearson VUE can help you find a test center, reschedule an exam, or assist with any other scheduling issue.
- Exam Scheduling Guide.. This is a detailed troubleshooting guide that resolves common scheduling issues most quickly.
- Contact ABFAS. Email us at scheduling@ABFAS.org or call us at 415.553.7800. We are here to help you Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time.