Didactic Exam Preparation
What to Expect on the Examinations
Exam Subject Matter
The first step to successful preparation for an ABFAS examination is to understand the topics or subject areas that are covered on the examination. The Exam Content page details the topics on the examination along with the relative weighting of each topic.
Candidates should honestly assess their knowledge and experience against the exam content to determine their strengths and weaknesses and develop an appropriate study plan.
It is important to be familiar with the structure of the exam. The Exam Overview pages provide details on the structure of each of the didactic exams.
Didactic Practice Examinations
- The didactic practice examinations help candidates become familiar with the types of questions on the examinations and practice multiple-choice test-taking skills.
- The practice exam format and topics are very similar to the actual didactic examinations, but the practice examinations are not computer-adaptive tests. After you complete the practice exam, you will see a report that displays how you answered each question, the subject areas and subcategories per question, and an explanation on why the answer is the correct choice per question.
- Board Qualification candidates and residents taking the In-training Examinations should take the Foot Didactic Exam and the RRA Didactic Exam.
- Click the link above to log in with your ABFAS username and password to access the didactic practice exams. Password assistance is available on the Login webpage.
- You may take the didactic practice exams as many times as you like.
- Need help? Contact ABFAS at firstname.lastname@example.org.