ABFAS Diplomates can now earn Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits for each completed quarter of the LEAD Continuous Certification Program. As an added benefit, you can access your LEAD CME transcripts through the ABFAS CME Credit Tracking site.
To earn LEAD CME credit, you must complete all 20 questions in a quarter. You will not receive credit for partially completed quarters. CME credit is awarded regardless of your MDT p-value or whether you answered each question correctly.
How to Access Your LEAD CME
- Log into the ABFAS CME section of your ABFAS profile.
- Then, click the "Access Your ABFAS CME" button at the bottom of the page, which takes you to the ABFAS CME Credit Tracking site.
- From the ABFAS CME Credit Tracking site, choose a transcript date range by selecting the start and end dates on the calendar dropdowns. For example, to view 2023 Quarter 2 LEAD CME credits, select April 1 – June 30, 2023.
- Then, click "Search" for an overview of your CME activities for that date range.
- Click "Download My CME Transcript" to generate a PDF of your CME transcript for the selected date range.
How LEAD CME Credits Are Calculated
CME credit is based on Continuing Education Contact Hours (CECH), which is the time—in hours—a learner takes to complete a learning activity. For LEAD, Diplomates are allowed 3 minutes to answer each question and there are 20 questions per quarter. Quarterly LEAD CME credit is calculated as 3 minutes per question x 20 questions per quarter = 60 minutes per quarter, or 1.0 CECH.
The American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. The American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery has approved this activity for a maximum of 1.0 continuing education contact hours per quarter.