2022 ITE Quick Guide
Registering for Your In-training Exam
Residency directors register you for the In-training Exams in PRR. After they register you, you will receive an email from ABFAS letting you know that you can schedule your exam. Please wait for the email.
- Your program must register you for the correct In-training Exams before you can access your ABFAS profile and/or schedule your exams with Pearson VUE.
- If you are not able to access your ABFAS profile or schedule your exams, please first confirm that your residency director or program coordinator has registered you before contacting ABFAS.
- Be sure to complete all information in your PRR personal profile. You will not be able to access your ABFAS profile or schedule your In-training exams until you complete your PRR profile.
Scheduling Your In-training Exam
- You will receive an email from email@example.com when you can schedule your In-training exams. Wait for this email before you try to schedule your exams.
- Sign into your ABFAS profile. Your username and password are the same as your PRR profile.
- Schedule your exams with Pearson VUE.
- Under the “EXAMINATIONS” tab in your ABFAS profile, click on the green button, "SCHEDULE/VIEW EXAM WITH PEARSON VUE" on the left side of your profile screen to go to the Pearson VUE site.
- On the Pearson VUE site, you may select and schedule the exams shown under Pre-Approved Exams.
Residents In-training Examination Dates and Details
PGY 1 and 2 (and PGY-3 in a 4-year Residency Program) Residents In-training Exams
September 19–24, 2022
- Foot Surgery Didactic: 80 Items; 2 hours (Can schedule as Online Proctored Exam)
- Foot Surgery CBPS: 8 Cases; 2 hours
- RRA Surgery Didactic: 80 Items; 2 hours (Can schedule as Online Proctored Exam)
- RRA Surgery CBPS: 8 Cases; 2 hours
Final-year Residents In-training Exams
October 11, 2022
- Foot Surgery Didactic: 80 Items; 2 hours
- NEW Foot Surgery CBPS: 12 Cases; 3 hours
October 12, 2022
- RRA Surgery Didactic: 80 Items; 2 hours
- NEW RRA Surgery CBPS: 12 Cases; 3 hours
Final-year residents who pass any individual final year In-training exam (ITE) have the option to use that score toward fulfilling their Board Qualification examination requirements. The ABFAS website includes more information about the Board Qualification Fee for converting Final-year In-training Exams.