ABFAS Presents 2021 Michael L. Stone Awards
May 12, 2021
On May 11, 2021, ABFAS President William Adams, DPM, presented via virtual meeting the 2021 Michael L. Stone, DPM, Outstanding Professional Conduct Awards to nine outstanding individuals. The presentation is available for viewing on Vimeo.
Annual awardees are determined by the professors and fellow students at their respective podiatric medical colleges, and represent the highest standard of professionalism, deportment, and ethics in their interactions with peers, professors, and staff. The recipients receive a plaque and a cash award of $2,000 to be used at the student’s discretion.
Please join ABFAS in congratulating the 2021 Michael L. Stone, DPM, Outstanding Professional Conduct Award winners!
Pictured above, from top left:
- Neenah Aguirre-Wong | Arizona School of Podiatric Medicine at Midwestern University
- Samuel Clellen | Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine
- Jae Yoon Kim | California School of Podiatric Medicine at Samuel Merritt University
- Benjamin Bogert | Des Moines University College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery
- Akshitha Sreeram | Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
- Taylor Saucier | Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine
- Thomas Milisits | New York College of Podiatric Medicine
- Michelle Garcia | Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine
- Kira Cramer | Western University of Health Sciences College of Podiatric Medicine
The Outstanding Professional Conduct Award dates to 2003, and upon Dr. Stone's passing in 2004, the organization named the award for him as a testimony to his dedication for the continuing elevation of the educational standards of the podiatric profession.