Preparing for Your Exam
What to Expect on the Examinations
Exam Subject Matter
The first step to successful preparation for an ABFAS examination is to understand the topics or subject areas that are covered on the examination. The Exam Content page details the topics on the Recertification Exam and Self-assessment Exam (SAE) along with the relative weighting of each topic.
Diplomates should honestly assess their knowledge and experience against the exam content to determine their strengths and weaknesses and develop an appropriate study plan.
It is important to be familiar with the structure of the exam. The Exam Overview pages provide details on the structure of the Recertification and SAE examinations.
Recertification and SAE Practice Examinations
- The practice examinations help diplomates become familiar with the types of questions on the examination and to practice multiple-choice test-taking skills.
- The practice exam format and topics are very similar to the actual Recertification and SAE examinations. There is an answer key at the end of the exam.
- There is a Recertification Foot Surgery and a Recertification RRA Surgery practice exam. Diplomates preparing for the recertification exam should take either, depending on which exam they are preparing for. Diplomates taking the SAE should take both Foot and RRA practice exams since both are covered on the SAE.
- Sign-in with your ABFAS user name and password using the "Login" button at the top of the webpage. If you need password assistance, you will find it on the "Login" page.
- Click on the Online Study Guide. The Foot Didactic Exam and the RRA Didactic Exam are in the StepUp eLearning left navigation bar.
- Need Help? See the Didactic Practice Exam Quick Start Guide